In Plesk, database dumps are created in the SQL format and saved as ZIP archives. If you need to create a dump in another format or to set custom settings for a dump, use the native functionality of database management tools (phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin, or myLittleAdmin). For instructions on how to import and export data by using database management tools, refer to the tools’ documentation.
Backup or Download Database from Plesk
- Login To Plesk control panel.
- Go to the Databases.
- Locate the name of the database you wish to take a backup from the server.
- Then click on Export Dump in the database tools pane
- To save a dump in a certain directory on the server, select the directory. The home directory of your subscription is used by default.
- To save a dump on your local computer as well as on the server, select Automatically download dump after creation.
- Click OK.
- You will see the success or failure message in the right side of the message box. After the success of the database backup, it will start the download on your local machine.